PHILIPPINE GENERAL HOSPITAL
The Philippine General Hospital opened in 1907. It has retained much of its American colonial architecture from the turn of the 20th century. It is the biggest teaching hospital in the country under the University of the Philippines. With its 1,500 beds, it is also the biggest government tertiary hospital of the country. It has modern facilities with cutting edge technology. It has always been considered the hospital of “last resorts” by many patient seeking treatment for their afflictions. During the Battle for the Liberation of Manila of World War 2, the Americans spared the Manila Hotel and the Philippine General Hospital from their precision surgical bombings. Manila was second only to Warsaw, Poland as the most devastated Allied countries during WW2.
(40 minutes walk from Manila Hotel)